Welcome to Accsept
The Accsept project is funded by DG Research of the European Commission under the Sixth Framework Programme.
The aim of the ACCSEPT project is to contribute to the timely and responsible application of CO2 capture and storage by measuring EU social acceptance; assisting with the establishment of CCS guidelines for the EU Emission Trading System; and by identifying and addressing gaps in existing socio-economic studies.
Thematic areas included in the work are legal, regulatory, social, economic and cross-cutting issues.
The final report from the ACCSEPT project, covering work package 5, is now available.
View the ACCSEPT project: Summary of the main findings and key recommendations (PDF 230KB) issued December 21 2007.
The ACCSEPT Project Workshop on the Acceptability of Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage: Devising Appropriate Policy and Regulatory Frameworks in the European Union took place in Bonn on May 10-11, 2007.
- Baker&McKenzie: 100 new Bridge Street, EC4V 6JA, London, UK
- Energy Centre of the Netherlands: Westerduinweg 3, 1755 ZG, Petten, Netherlands
- Institute for European Environmental Policy: 28 Queen Anneǡte, SW1H 9AB, London, UK
- Judge Business School, University of Cambridge Trumpington Street, CB2 1AG, Cambridge, UK
- Manchester Business School, University of Manchester: Booth Street West, M15 6PB, Manchester, UK
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Norway